
I am VERY behind in journaling this, but better late than never I guess! Once the school year started it seems there has been precious little time to do much "reflecting and remembering" in our day to day lives! ha! Our family entered another school year in August, and it was a VERY unique start to school this year: Tyler is no longer in elementary school. In our school district, 5th grade moves up to intermediate school with 6th graders. Even more unique about our particular school is that it is a hybrid of 5-8 grades. That means my baby is in school with lots of junior high kids!! Donny and I worried some about this, prayed a lot about it, and are just trusting the Lord to bless our big boy with a great experience at Timberivew Middle School. So far, we have been nothing but pleased...a little shell shocked at the difference between elementary school and intermediate school (Donny and I - not Tyler!). He has amazing teachers and he loves it.
This school seems SO BIG behind my big boy! Also, there was something about intermediate school that made it seem not quite appropriate to ask the teachers to pose for a first day of school pic....not sure why, but I felt too intimidated!! We did take a quick pic with buddy, Zachary, though.
Colby was very excited to start 3rd grade...he had a short list of preferred teachers that he really wanted to get, and he got his #1 pick - a lovely lady who is the mom to one of his friends from his class last year (the class "hottie"!). He gives the report every day that school is "awesome"...especially recess :). Sweet Colby - he's our easy school boy.


Little Brady man had probably the hugest change in our family - he STARTED KINDERGARTEN!! I remember when Tyler started Kindergarten at Spring Garden Elementary back in Bedford - Brady was a few months old at the time. Now all my babies are school boys!! He had very mixed feelings about starting school...he wasn't convinced that he would like going to school all day, every day. He has a jewel of a teacher (same one Colby had for KG), and has made some cute little friends already. I miss being with him, but am thankful that I am with him every day when he comes home!



Our traditional homemade chocolate chip cookies after the first day of school were waiting for them when they got home. One other tradition that we have is praying over our boys each of their campuses the night before school starts. We did that this year again, but with a twist - praying from inside the car was a great alternative to the 100 plus degree temps of this summer! Sweet time (made more pleasant with AC!!).We are all looking forward to what this year will hold for all our little men, and pray the Lord will bless them, equip them, and use them to reflect His Son in their actions.



No comments:
Post a Comment