We are on the "downhill slide" of an incredible Easter weekend. My parents came to town Thursday night to be with us this weekend, and just left a little bit ago to head back to Midland. We always love it when family comes to town for a visit! Easter has unofficially become a neat time for us to be together. We've had lots of years of dyeing Easter eggs, eating way too much chocolate, getting chocolate bunnies from the "Easter Bunny" (a.k.a. Dad), wearing pretty Easter dresses, sunrise services, Easter at the ballpark in Midland, services at RHCC, egg hunts with the boys, etc. etc. I finally had an "epiphany" today - in our family for some reason, Mom has always been "Santa" and Dad has always been the "Easter Bunny". I think that's just real cute. I thought it was even cuter today when he pulled out a bunny for my sister and a little bunny, and put the little one in the package for the big one. It was her baby! he! She liked it, and it's fun that even as we "grow up", Dad is still being our Easter bunny. Love your traditions, Dad, and can't wait to nibble on my bunny. I was telling Tyler today that when I was little, I used to always eat my bunny very slow - making it last several days. Monica's would be gone in oh, about 30 minutes tops. Tyler decided he liked Aunt Moni's philosophy on bunny consumption.
This weekend, Mom and Dad took the big boys out to Cleburne to Aric's parents farm to do some fishing! They spent the day there fishing, picnicking, and fishing some more. They had a great time despite the cold weather.
Saturday, it was COLD!!!! And it SNOWED little flakes a good part of the day. Bizarre. The boys had soccer games at the same time at different locations, so we divided and conquered! Everyone had a great time despite the cold, and I think Colby's team won (not that 3-4 year olds care - they just want to know who is in charge of snack for the week!). I have no idea about Tyler's - I was either holding Brady or jumping around to keep warm the whole time. Maybe a tie? They didn't care either, and we were in charge of snack, so life was good.
After a nice lunch to warm us up, some rest time and play time, we headed to Saturday night service at RHCC. We were so blessed . . .I love going to Sat. night worship, but this was AMAZING. What a blessing to be a part of the body giving praise to God and worshiping our RISEN Savior! I was reading my friend, Courtney's blog (I have NO clue how to make that a link so you could read it, but it was beautiful) about how being a mother has even intensified her passion about what Easter means for she and her family. Now, not only is Jesus MY Savior, but he also died and rose for the sake of my children, and my most fervent prayer is that they would choose Him to be theirs as well. I just thought that was a beautiful thought, and it blessed me. How sweet He is!
Today we enjoyed a fun family breakfast, digging through Easter baskets full of fun things, and multiple Easter egg hunts in the comfort and warmth of our living room. The boys kept deciding who's turn it was to hunt and who's turn it was to hide the eggs, so everyone had lots of turns to do both! he! Brady thought the boy's new head light was especially cool!
We all went out to the farm again for the annual Head family gathering. Their family of about 60+ (how close am I on the number, Monica?) gathers every year for a massive lunch and Easter egg hunt with tons of eggs, prizes for the hunters, and just lots of fun! We had a blast being with the family, especially Moni, Aric and his parents. The boys call Aric's parents "Mama Head" and "Papa Head", and think that they are just the coolest (and we agree).
This is Nonny, PawPaw, and the boys doing a "silly picture" (Tyler insists that all family pictures with smiles be followed with a silly one.
Counting out all the eggs . . .
That's all from the Vaughns . . .I think Donny and I will just go straight to bed after we put the boys to bed. We are tired!
8 comments:
you make me so excited for my child to get older and be able to do more fun things! we got him a cute basket full of fun stuff, but he just knocked it over on his way to pull everything out of the entertainment center drawers.
you get the A+ fun mommy award for being able to do all that!
Kendra, I love seeing pictures of your precious family and reading of your boys' escapades....you and Donny are doing a great job with those boys! They are blessed to have you both.
Love to you, Linda Letz (found your blog through Tara's)
What a fun weekend! This year I was beginning to see all of the fun we have in store as John really started to get into the activities and understanding a little bit about what was going on. I love family traditions!
Kendra....
I am worn out for you just as I ponder all you guys did this weekend...I am tired from my weekend and I did not cover near the ground you guys did!
The pictures are great...the boys look wonderful and you do too!
Miss you and starting to count down the weeks until our families are together again!
love you!
WOW...you were busy! How fun that your kids got to enjoy so many activities with you!
I will have to remember to watch for the apple biting talent to develop w/in Gracie Claire! (I think she already has a good start!) That's so funny that you impress your kids w/ that! I might have to steal that one from you!
I knew you would have a blog. I loved reading about your Easter weekend. What a fun time! I was glad to find your blog. Don't really know how I stumbled on it. See you soon!
I love being with my family over Easter (and any time that is!!) Kendra, you do a great job making sure Easter is a big deal in our house and I love it. The boys love it too. Love the pic of Brady and the headlamp - that probably was the one second that he had it on without knocking it off. Loved the Mega-Head-Easter Egg Hunt - how fun was that!! Can't wait to do it again. Even though Tyler got 101 eggs - he was still 100+ shy of the winner so we have some work to do!! HA Love you kiddo!! -Hubby
Looking at your family picture Mr. Tyler does not look 2 years older than Colby. He looks to be 3 or 4. When did my nephew get so big. He almost comes up to your shoulder!! Someone put a brick on his head!!
Post a Comment